Snow fungus papaya soup
Sep 04, 2018
Traditional Chinese Medicine - Snow fungus Papaya soup
Papaya in traditional Chinese Medicine is rich in vitamins A, C and E. These vitamins have been shown to be protect against macular degeneration and maintain the healthy functioning of the immune system. Papaya contains enzymes which calm inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and asthma. It is rich in lycopene which fights free radicals and is great for our skin.
In TCM, papaya lubricates the lungs, treat cough, kill intestinal worms, soothe digestion issues and nourishes the stomach. Papaya is also commonly used to increase milk production for lactating women, even if not lactating, it is commonly used for breast enhancement.
This snow fungus papaya soup nourishes Yin and moistens the lungs. It’s a great cooling dessert for nourishing skin, preventing wrinkles and aging. It is also used to treat dry cough or heaty cough.
木瓜含有丰富的维他命a及c和 e, 与纤维，当中的水溶性纤维更加有助平衡血脂水平，还能消食健胃，对消化不良具有食疗的作用。它有很强的抗氧化能力， 还有丰胸作用哦!
Ingredients材料 (serves 2-3)
- Snow Fungus 25-30g ; 雪耳 25-30g
- Red Dates 6-8 pcs ; 红枣6-8颗，
- Papaya 200g ; 木瓜200g，
- Bitter & Sweet Almonds 2 tsp; 南北杏 ; 2 茶匙
- Rock sugar 20g ; 冰糖20g
- Pandan leaves 4 leaves; 香兰叶 4 个
- Water 2000ml ; 清水2000ml
- Wash & soak the snow fungus in cold water till it becomes soft and translucent (around 30mins). Change the water once or twice. Drain, cut off the stem(hard yellowish part) and cut into smaller pieces. 雪耳用清水浸泡至少30分钟，泡发后剪去蒂部，撕成小块，沥干水分备用.
- Wash the almonds and pandan leaves and tie into knot. 把南北杏洗净备用。香兰叶洗净邦成结。
- Wash the red dates and remove the seeds and cut into half. 红枣洗净，去核沿着横截面切成一半。
- Cut the papaya into small cubes. 木瓜切成小块。
- Boil the water and put in the snow fungus, red dates, almonds and pandan. Boil for 60mins. Add the papaya & rock sugar and boil for another 10mins. 把清水倒入锅里烧开，放入所有材料除了木瓜和冰糖，加盖中火煮60分钟。加入木瓜与冰糖再煮10分钟。
- Serve warm or chilled. 糖水可食用温或冷。
Our Renew Serum is formulated using TCM Beauty principles combined with Modern Science. Learn more on how it can balance the yin yang of our skin & prevents premature aging below: